Saturday, September 18, 2010

Window Blinds... a sign of REALITY

         This morning I woke up at around 7:30am, it has been like an hour that I have last snoozed my phone. For a couple of snoozes i did, it felt wonderful each snooze. Each snooze resembles a new life and a new story... As I have recalled on the first snooze I did, I was in a coffee table sipping my hot, sweet and creamy coffee, with my phone on the edge of the table and a friend whom i talked to. I did not remember what were we talking about but as far as i have recalled we had fun talking about something. Then all of a sudden this young lady approach our table and ask us if we could join their table with his friend. We don't want to be rude to this young lady, and instantly moved our stuff and transferred to their table.
           Her friend was not that attractive or what so ever, but she has a smile that caught me. Caught me every sip of my coffee. She has this smile that could really petrify, and i just don't know why. My friend was very interested on the girl that approached us, he talked to her like it was their last, he talked to her like they are not strangers, they are happy with each others company.
           I sat beside my friend right in front of the girl that have the sweet smile. She is doodling up on something, maybe it was her homework or an essay about things going on her life. Every inch of her movement, my eyes is there. Every breath she takes makes me come close to her. Every bit of her lips makes me want more. As I ask my self "am I hungry or something??? am I hungry for attention? for love? for affection? for romance?". These questions kept rolling into my head as I stare this sublime smile. As i stare at the window behind the girl, i saw a range rover heading towards the parking space right outside the window. I noticed the car was gaining speed, i saw the lady driving, she was old and had a red ribbon on his head. All of a sudden i read his face and she was panicking and kept looking below his feet. 20 meters away from us yet she  haven't even slowed the car. I could not do anything, I cannot move my foot. I could not move my arms and my body hoping i could grab the girl in front of me and take her to a safe spot in the coffee shop. I look at my friend and he was already not there. He must have ran away together with the girl she talked to. As i looked at the girl in front of me, it made me calm. It made my heart beat slower and made me more easy and comfortable.
            BANG! the car rammed and ramped up to the coffee shop and hit the girl in front of me. I was more petrified as I stared at her... bleeding to death, her arms was chilling as it was dislocated, her head laying on the bumper of the car, her body twisted and she was truly in pain as her eye brows raising and moving closer. But she did not even made a sound or shouted as I expected. I looked at her mouth... there was blood.... toothed chipped.... and her lips was chopped by her own teeth. She suddenly stared at me angrily up to her wits end. As i stared at her mouth, it tried to open but it could not. As a second past... she tried again and then i noticed she was saying something.... as her mouth getting bigger, her voice was also getting louder. It was noise to my ears.... i trembled and stumble trying to go far away from her scary stare. But this noise kept irritating my ear. I could not do anything but to push the snooze button of my phone to keep me safe from harm.

       An hour past as I was in the state of nirvana inside my room. It was cold at that time, I must have left the air-conditioner at the lowest freezing temperature possible. I was holding this red book that i have just finished reading, i tried to hold the book again and again but still I was amazed of its thickness. I felt I was a smart kid, genius, nerd.... and cool! because it was my first time reading that thick, I wonder what motivated me to read this book. As i stared at my window, i heard this loud bang at my door. I tried to cover my ears pretending I am not hearing anything. "DAMN! don't tell me its my phone knocking at my door trying to wake me up again" as I said to myself. I noticed it was not that loud anymore, i tried to wait for a couple of minutes but someone is still knocking at my door. For a reason i don't know I managed to stand up and fixed my bed and instantly tried to open the door. As the door knob was playing its role as an ass again, I twisted it a couple of time again and a voice was calling my name. It was a sweet voice, a mere pirate like voice. It was like a voice in my child hood, a voice that resembles my childhood year when I was 13. I focused my self and turn the door knob slowly but a force from the other side of the door was trying to open it for me. As the door slowly opened, I saw this lady standing outside of my door and smiling with her eyes as wide as my imagination. The lady from my past! the lady from my child hood. She was Asian Brunette as some would say. She was definitely the girl from my past, indeed she was! She grabbed my hand and told me "lets walk" in a calm, sweet and angelic voice. My mind was floating at that time, as she grabbed my hand and walked at the walkway in front of my house. I noticed those flower were from my province, indeed it was the santan flower. It was the flower-of-childhood for me.
       As we pass our old classrooms, I noticed we were alone. I looked at her face and she was smiling. In her smile I can deeply read a strain of sadness and longings to this place. I looked at her hand holding mine, and i felt nothing. It seems she was invisible, but it contradicts since as i look at her face it was truly real. As we got home, tired on the walk we did to the hallways of our childhood. We rode a blue train, she was standing far behind me as there were common people around. I looked at her again, on that time i caught her looking at me. I grabbed the opportunity to lock our eyes again just like the old times. I noticed I was the first to look away, and it was strange. This is not me, I always want that girl to be the first to look away. But it sadly happened, so i kept it to my self, I kept the feeling that I was estranged. As i looked at the stained glass of the train, i noticed the sun was shining bright. I tend to look at the sun and tried to burn my eyes, I do this when I was a child whenever i hated a feeling that I felt during our flag ceremony when I was in grade school. As seconds past while staring at the sun, i noticed it truly burns. "SHIT!" as i screamed up to the top of my lungs. I felt pain and I was in agony, it was like hard soap on my eyes. It was like needles on my eyes! I hold my eyes and tend to shield the bright sun but it did not work. I was perspiring, and i felt the saltiness of my perspiration as it rolled down to my face. I tried to break the glass so as to escape and jump outside the train, i was brave back then but it did not work. The glass window was hard as diamonds. As the bright sun bullied me, I can not do anything but to try to close my eyes as hard as i could. A couple of seconds past, brightness decreases and it was a total relief. I tried to open my eyes again and saw the window on my room with its blinds rolled half way down... it was a sign of reality. I was happy as i stood up from my bed and felt strange on those places that I went and to those people I have been with.



   But one thing for sure that made my day floating, was the girl from my past that hunted me.

        The rest was history....
                                             but SHE was still there on my subconscious mind, waiting to hunt me again.








.

No comments:

Post a Comment